NEEDED: COACHING COORDINATOR
Your Homer Hockey Association is recruiting for someone to fill one of our most important volunteer positions. After several years on the job, Ingrid Harrald has “retired” from the Coaching Coordinator position. When you see Ingrid around the rink, please thank her for her years of dedicated service. Better yet, show your appreciation by stepping up to fill Ingrid’s shoes. HHA and the Kevin Bell Arena would not exist without people just like YOU who volunteer to fill one the many key positions that help make our association and our hockey rink successful.
The only qualifications required for this position are: a strong interest and personal commitment to our youth and adult hockey teams and their coaches; ability to work with the HHA Board; and a strong commitment to HHA and the USA Hockey coaching/initiation programs. The estimated time commitment for this position is just 2-6 hrs/week, on average. Some of the responsibilities of the Coaching Coordinator include:
- Recruit and recommend the yearly selection of coaches for all in-house leagues to the board for approval.
- Manage coaches USA Hockey registration and training of coaches – including background checks, SafeSport, coaching clinics, and module completion.
- Help coordinate in-house team player evaluations at coaches’ request.
- Act as liaison with board on behalf of coaches in the association.
- Meet with association coaches to discuss team problems and solutions.
- Schedule and preside over pre-season coaches meeting and post-season coaches wrap-up.
- Make regular reports and recommendations to the HHA Board regarding coaching priorities and issues.
If you’d like to help assure the success of our youth and adult teams, please consider applying for this very important volunteer position. For more information, or to submit your name as a candidate for this position, please contact Travis Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Liberty Mutual Insurance | PlayPositive
Play Positive™ Pledge is Open!
The Liberty Mutual Insurance Play Positive™ Pledge is open! The Fall period opens August 15 and closes on October 15.
Over the next two months, youth sports teams from around the country will compete to recruit their supporters to pledge to promote good sportsmanship. At the end of the period, the five Large Division teams and the five Small Division teams with the most Pledges will each earn $2,500 to help support their team.
In the past, teams have used the monies to fund player scholarships, purchase new uniforms or equipment, pay for team travel expenses, or create opportunities for underprivileged kids in the area who want to play.
Get started today at PlayPositive.com/Pledge.
The Play Positive Team